Monday, January 9, 2012

Paintball for School?

Leave it to my intelligent teenager to convince me that paintballing could be counted toward home schooling....

Each week Zombie Boy has to write a small report to our learning consultant in Canada which highlights three learning objectives or activities that he accomplished within the past week. He had asked me if he could write about his day of paintballing with Josh because "he had learned a lot". Reluctantly, I agreed as long as he could come up with something useful besides just the fact that it was "fun" and cool". He ended up writing an entire paragraph about how to play and some of the tactics he used to get Josh but it was the very end of the paragraph that made me laugh because I knew he was just trying to satisfy my need for learning:

I researched paintball and found out that long ago farmers used them to tell cows apart. If the cows got mixed up, they knew whose cow it was by the colour of the paint splat on their side. One day three brothers were marking their cows with paintballs and one accidentally mis-fired and hit his brother instead of the cow. Of course the brother fired back and the sport of paintball was born. If we had a cow, my mom would make me mark it in pink. No other cows would be pink, I guess. Maybe I should paintball my brother and sister so that I don't lose them or confuse them with any other little kids. 









No comments:

Post a Comment