Friday, January 27, 2012

Multiplication!!!!!

I just couldn't be prouder of Squidward! The last few weeks, he has been memorizing his multiplication facts and he has them all down 0-12! I promised him something special for all of his hard work- maybe an ice cream night out this weekend :)







Every two schooldays, he would focus on one fact family. First he would make flashcards and using his "magic rocks" he would count out the answer. On the first day he would memorize the x's 0-5 and the second day finish them up with x's 6-12. Each day he would also play online math games and I would give him 2-minute multiplication drills to help him recall the answers quickly. He has been working on them since Christmas and I still can't believe he knows them all :)

What have you done to help your children memorize their multiplication facts?

4 comments:

  1. Shannon, this is wonderful, congratulations to both of you!!!! Patricia Chery :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My younger son has dyslexia and it even transferred to his ability to memorize math facts. He struggled SO hard with the multiplication tables until finally we found a program called "Times Tales" that turned the fact families into stories and somehow once you used these funny visual cues to turn them into stories it actually became impossible to FORGET the facts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry for missing your comment, Kerry. I checked out "Times Tables"- what a neat program! I think we will give it try too!

    ReplyDelete