Saturday, January 7, 2012

My Not Resolutions

Did you make New Year's Resolutions this year? I didn't.

The whole idea of making goals that you know you are going to break is really bugs me. I get it- new year, new you- but why wait to change things you are unhappy for one day out of a year? I chose to not set goals this year, instead I try to be the person I want to be everyday.

Everyday I try to be patient with my kids, I try to make better food choices, I try to be accepting and loving to others, I try to be a good wife and not spend too much of my hard earned husband's money. Sure, there will be days that I yell at my kids, convince myself that cookies for breakfast are good for me and I know there are a few expensive online Lululemon shopping trips in my future but at least I won't feel I need to wait until next year to get it back together... and at least I will look good falling off the wagon in nice new stretchy pants :)

Here in Japan 2012 is the year of the DRAGON! Happy Dragon year, it looks like the next 12 months will be filled full of excitement!


No comments:

Post a Comment