Monday, July 30, 2012

5 Year Itch


This last week Squidward and the Princess attended summer camp at a local Japanese International school. They loved it! They loved getting up in the morning, riding the bus, eating special lunches, spending the day in organized fun and learning and coming home to a scheduled evening. They asked to go for real school. I cannot afford to send both to the international school at a price tag of $1120 a month in tuition costs but we are considering the DOD school on base.

I do not like to direction that US public schools are going but DOD schools are a league of their own, usually scoring better and having having a larger budget to provide services to their students. I have to be honest that I am getting a little burnt out with homeschooling and neither the kids and I are having fun like we did before. I have also been a little unhappy being out of work and really wish to reenter the workforce to help our family financially. We have also had some issues finding a great elementary homeschool curriculum that was complete and I certainly do not want to be doing a disservice to my children. We love a lot of the online options we have, especially learning  games offered like fill in the blank, but I just don't feel like any of our hearts are in it anymore.

We are five, going on six years of homeschooling and I wonder if we are in a slump or if it really is time for my family to consider something else.

No comments:

Post a Comment