Monday, June 25, 2012

Evolution or Creation?


We recently visited a horse museum in Negishi. The kids had a lot of fun. It was a bittersweet day for me- memories of my beloved horse that we are currently boarding in Seattle hit me and left me very upset that we were not together. Sigh, only two and half more years until we transfer and I can have my horse at home again. As a natural trimmer, I also couldn't help critique the horse's feet and cringed sat quite a few of the unbalanced, high heeled and long toed hooves I saw. I really wish there was not such a large language barrier that prevents me from being able to help these guys.





The museum set up is very nice and focuses on the role horses served in Japan. We couldn't read any of it but the pictures and artifacts helped. Unfortunately, pictures were not allowed in those sections. There was a neat interactive kids section though that had saddles to sit i and a few other cute activities. There was also a skeletal section that showed how horses evolved throughout the years in body shape and size. This spurred on a question about evolution or creation.



Our family is Christian and we do believe in God but we also believe and support science. Evolution/creationism has been a sticky topic in the past because we knew so many that did not support the fact that we discuss evolution with the kids. it is always nice to find fellow open minded homeschoolers. Does your family teach one or the other; or does your family, like mine, focus on the fundamentals of one but the proof of another? This is one of the many "pros" that I love about  the many pros and cons of homeschooling- the freedom to explore EVERYTHING and make our own decision about how to present it!

No comments:

Post a Comment