Sunday, March 4, 2012

Yunessun Spa

Only in Japan can we swim in red wine, coffee, sake, green tea, honey and dead sea salt baths; haves pedis from little fishies munching on our toes; and finish the night off with a tuna, corn and mayo pizza!!

Our family had the pleasure of going to one of the best water attractions I have ever seen called Yunessun Spa Resort. It is part onsen and part water park and fun for the entire family!The last time we went to a Japanese Onsen it was quite a terrifying interesting experience but Yunnesun was much more family friendly and we got to wear swimming suits :) At least this time I covered up my bad Kanji tatoo and Josh was allowed to wear a shirt so this time we weren't stared at the entire time.



Yunessun is located in Hakone, about an 1 1/2 hour drive without traffic, although with traffic it can take around 3 hours. The drive is beautiful, half of it is right along the pacific coast and then in Hakone it is up a beautiful green and misty mountain. Inside Yunessun there are several different specialty baths such as green tea, coffee, honey, red wine, sake, charcoal, dead sea minerals, Roman bath, Turkish Hamam. It is the perfect balance of fun for the kids and relaxation for the adults.




They also feature a foot bath where you can get a Dr. Fish pedicure! This type of treatment, orginintaing from Turkish Spas uses special little fish that feed off of the dead skin o your skin, leaving healthy skin. It was a very weird experience- very tickly but we all agreed that our feet felt softer!



The kids' favorites at Yunessun included the fast water slides outside; the dead sea bath that was so salty it makes your entire body float and it is hard to even walk in it; and the misty cave that you can swim through outside. Mine and the Chief's favorite included the coffee bath and the charcoal bath house. Some of the baths were outside and it was so neat to sit in the hot water with snow surrounding you on the ground! We cannot wait to go back and highly recommend it to everyone in Japan.



2 comments:

  1. Hi. Great post. I'm considering bringing my family here when they visit me. I have two tattoos, one on each upper arm that take up most of the area. Is it 100% ok to wear a regular t shirt? I went to an onsen in enoshima and was allowed to wear my t shirt everywhere except the real onsen.

    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. Great post. I'm considering bringing my family here when they visit me. I have two tattoos, one on each upper arm that take up most of the area. Is it 100% ok to wear a regular t shirt? I went to an onsen in enoshima and was allowed to wear my t shirt everywhere except the real onsen.

    Thank you

    ReplyDelete