Monday, May 21, 2012

Solar Eclipse

We had the amazing experience of getting to see a solar eclipse this morning! Yesterday we made pin hole viewers since I was unable to find glasses in time. I got the direction online and they were super easy to make using a shoebox, tape, foil and a pen.

We got up early and waited outside. The sky was cloudy so I thought we wouldn't be able to see anything. Luckily, the clouds were moving and we were able to see bits and pieces of the eclipse. I didn't photograph it but here is a picture that was taken by MC3 Steve White from Commander Fleet Activities Okinawa.






We feel so fortunate to be able to see it! I have heard the next one will not happen for 18 years!

I have been getting many questions about how to homeschool by friends here at base. Many people are displeased with the base school system here and are seriously considering pulling their children out. They are starting to see the benefits of homeschooling, and how it can be more personalized for their child and their family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment