Wednesday, July 13, 2011

The Hassle is Well Worth It!!!

I am often asked if we enjoy the Military life. This week I realized the answer is "Yes, we most certainly do!"

Please find me another job that not only pays you to travel and live in cool places around the world but also pretty much guarantees that at some point in time you will recross path with old friends? On FB I had added the Captain of the Roller Derby team in Yokosuka since I am planning on joining once we get there. From her page I happened across both my cousin's wife and the spouse of my husband's Division Officer from his very first ship in Mississippi! We have connected and it has een wonderful catching up and getting excited about our move over!

Last night I received a PM from a poster on a forum about Japan that I am on. Apparently she is from Canada and her sister lives in the same town as us and owns the pizza restaurant we always order from! How crazy is that?!?!? We also will be keeping in touch and meeting once we are all in Japan. Thank you social media and the digital age!

Most people move to a new town and don't know a soul, here we are literally moving across the world and I already have a small handful of friends! How lucky are we?

My MIL was visiting us from Arizona last week for the first time in 5 years. Her visit was lovely an much to short but one thing that stuck out to her was how confident and brave my kids are. She was shocked to know that they have a very adventurous pallet and do not eat "normal" kid foods. She also couldn't believe how comfortable they are to talk to complete strangers and how easy going they are about riding public transportation in big, busy Vancouver. I have to say that the situations through the military we have been in the past and the fact that we home school contribute to this greatly.

Again, I am blessed and feel so lucky!!!! I love being a Navy Family and cannot wait for our future adventures!  

No comments:

Post a Comment